With the advancement of times, we are cultivated to “like” efficiency and “dislike” sluggishness/incompetency. For one I cannot take a clumsy diaper.
As a mummy of two young boys, I have probably gone through a few thousands diapers change. My wish list of a solid diaper is very simple; just 2 major points:
1) COST – My “market survey” or rather the “auntie” in me had surveyed major supermarkets and online stores to conclude that Drypers is easy on the purse. It may not be the cheapest; but it’s the most value-for-money diaper I have come across.
2) HOLDS THE STUFF IT’S SUPPOSED TO HOLD! – This is a deal breaker for me. I can understand that there are bound to be accidents from time to time; but 99% of the time I don’t expect the diaper to fail me.
It’s really as simple as that. Other frills are bonuses.
I have experimented with various brands in the market and is happy to conclude our past few years’ favourite:
The nice people at Drypers provided us with some of their improved Drypers Wee Wee Dry which promises enhanced features.
I am a user since 2009. Or rather my boys. Thus I can honestly testify that the changes are such great enhancements to the product!
Key pointers are:
1) A new Flexi-Tape (which is talc-resistant to boot!): Multiple refastening made possible and it’s easy peasy! No more trying to use masking tape to fasten a worn-out tape but not used diaper (some parents would understand why it’s not used but tape is worn out….Answer: a struggling/crying boy).
2) Zip Dry Core: There are more absorbent particles which help to absorb and lock urine inside the diaper to keep the bottoms drier and thus more comfortable. I have witnessed that just 1 piece of Dryper Wee Wee Dry can last Kai En 10 hours of sleep (overnight) without any change in the night. I hate late nights changing because it wakes the little one up and I will have a tough time soothing him back to dreamland again. It definitely helps a lot to have a diaper which holds up urine till the next morning. Beauty sleep..grant me some please.
3) 4 Botanical Extracts: Aloe Vera, Chamomile, Vitamin E and Olive Extracts. Holding up urine is important but I do not want nappy rash either! It’s reassuring to know such properties are in the diaper to keep little bottoms clean too.
Lastly, this is what brightens my older boy’s face:
The super cute and bright graphics! Though some other brands do have little cartoons as well but by far I think Drypers has the brightest and most eye-catching one! We have bought many series before. Once with alphabets (we taught Xi En the ABC during diaper change). The latest one is full of acorns. He named it the “acorn diaper”. It’s helpful that Drypers differentiate sizes by the graphics so you won’t grab the wrong one for the different ones in the family!
Want a sample to try Drypers out? You can request one for free on their Facebook Page under “Request for Sample”.
Dryers is having their Little Day Out again this year! It’s happening this coming Sat, 6th July 2013 at Singapore Expo Hall 4B.
It’s a great family bonding event with rides, bouncy castles, speech and drama performance, baking/art & craft workshops and lots more!
Entry is FREE! Do check out Drypers Singapore Facebook Page for updates and more details. .
With less time spent on changing diapers, there will be “more time for things that matter”!
Disclaimer: We received products for user experience review purpose. No other monetary compensation has been received.