Do you have plans for the upcoming March holidays in 2014? I know Dec 2013 is not quite ending yet; it might be too early to plan for 2014. Learn from my mistake – plan ahead! because I am so running out of activities for my boy this long holiday!
One performance you might like to consider bringing yourself and kids to: Disney on Ice! This round they are presenting Treasure Trove – an action packed ice adventure that promises to take audience through their favourite stories such as Captain Hook and Peter Pan, Rapunzel, Lion King and many more.
Produced by sisters Nicole Feld and Juliette Feld; they have chosen some of the greatest gems from the Disney treasure chest for this production. They made an extra effort in an attempt to bring something different to audiences. Treasure Trove will be a crowd pleaser which aim to resonate with not only kids today, but with their parents too. If you recognises any of the characters below, you should be going for the production!
There will also be interactive opportunities with the audience such as Sebastian will invite everyone to be a part of the rhythm during “Under the Sea” and Aladdin will stop to shake hands with guests in Agrabah.
In the spirit of Christmas (it’s just 8 days to Christmas!), be enchanted with 12 magical treasures of Disney on Ice that you might not know:
1. Disney On Ice was founded in 1981 and has since travelled to over 70 countries and six continents
2. The average size of the ice skating surface is 21 m x 43 m
3. It takes 12 trucks to transport all production equipment for set-up
4. And there are actually 2 washers and 2 dryers that travel with the production crew for every tour to ensure the skaters are fresh and clean throughout the tour.
5. It takes 14 hours to set up for one Disney On Ice show
6. But just 3 hours to tear down the production
7. 102 different colours of paint are used on the props for every production
8. 1,300 yards of fabric are used to make the costumes for all cast
9. At least 300 costumes are used in every production
10. All 43 cast members have an average of 5 costume changes per show
11. 20,000 Swarovski crystals are hand placed on the characters’ costumes in preparation for every show
12. The total number of people who worked on costumes alone for Treasure Trove is 50
With special line-up of hit songs, memorable scenes and timeless characters to look forward to, don’t forget to pen in this performance or buy the tickets now!
Dates: 19th March 2014 to 23rd March 2014
Tickets for Disney On Ice presents Treasure Trove can be purchased online at http://www.sportshub.com.sg/sportshubtix/events/details/disney-on-ice-presents-treasure-trove, via the tickets hotline at +65 6333 5000, by visiting the Sports Hub Tickets Box Office, or at any Sports Hub ticket outlet at all SingPost locations.